Monday, December 8, 2008

Labor and Delivery

Oh yes, what a fun way to end your Monday at work...

All Sunday night my stomach was hurting, sore, achy, normal pregnancy stuff.

This morning I woke up and could barely stand. The day progressed and my stomach was in a constant state of pain. It hurt to stand, sit.. move.

I ignored it for as long as I could until it started to move to my back.

I then called my OB and talked to the receptionist and she said it sounded like I should go to L&D. John and I talked and decided we would wait till after work and also wait to hear back from my Dr.

At 3:30 I called back and talked to Dr. Yost's assistant who said the same thing but also said she would check in with the on call Dr.

I got the call a little before 4 to head over to L&D to get checked out.

My dad was so cute and nervous driving John and I there. I felt so bad because I knew Georgia was fine, she'd been moving around all day. But this pain I was feeling was not what I had been used to.

My mom called as we were pulling in parking lot and said that she wanted to be there.

John and I had walked on a total of 3 WRONG floors until we were finally at the right spot... my dad who parked the car and was going to meet us there... beat us there!

We checked in, filled out paper work... talked to a really sweet security guy who was talking about God and his faith and said that he would pray that our little girl would stay in a little longer. How awesome huh?! I want him to be there when I deliver!

My nurse was really sweet, she got me all set up and checked for proteins, my blood pressure and put on the monitor to see how our baby was doing.

Her heart rate was 140 and she was moving around like no other! I don't think I've ever felt her so much. And every time she moved it would have a noise on the monitor as if she was brushing up against it.

Our nurse said it looked like I may have had a few small contractions but over all was not in labor. Good news right?! EXCEPT for the fact that I was experiencing the worst pain in my stomach about ever 2 minutes. But it's not labor.. so that is good news.

She said we have a very happy and healthy baby growing, which was also encouraging.

I'm taking it easy tonight and going to let John spoil me!

I'll most likely go back in tomorrow and get checked out by my Dr. and see if there is anything we need to address.

So for right now I could use prayer for comfort and continued health for both Georgia and I.

I'll keep everyone posted about tomorrow as things progress.

No comments: