Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm going to be a MOM!

This is very exciting because I just got the call from my Dr. that If I go into labor anytime after today to just go in and have her...

Yeah, that's what I'll do, I'll just go in and have a baby!?
This boggles my mind. There is so much planning involved. I mean it takes 3/4 of a year just to create this life and months upon months of ready books that all say different things. Then there is the countless hours spent with your Dr. and sometimes not with your Dr. The cleaning, the laundry, the organizing, the sleepless nights... the swelling!
And I'm just supposed to go and have her? But I'm not ready!

I thought I was, really I did, I've "raised" kids before, I've had my fair share of babysitting, nannying... you name it!

But I'm going to become a MOM, I now am in charge of someone else's life, for every decision that needs to be made... Wow, am I ready for this?

I've been so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with my own mom and I treasure it on a daily basis. I sometimes feel like I'm a 5 year old girl again and just looks at my mom in awe and wants to be just like her, the compassionate, imaginative, and loving person she is.

I can only hope to be a fraction of what she has been in my life. She's been my laughter, my tears, my hope and most importantly my mom!

I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to become a mom and share all the wonderful experience I've had, with Georgia.

I pray every day that my relationship with Georgia will grow and blossom into what I hope I have with my own mom. Because one day she's not going to be my baby that fit into my arms, nor the toddler that will give me kisses when ever I ask, nor the pre-teen that opens up and talks about boys, nor the teenager that rolls her eyes at me... but a woman who will one day be a mom herself.

Mom,
I love you and can't imagine not having you in my life. All your goofy crazy moments and all the hard and sad ones too, they've made our relationship stronger with each laugh and tear we've shared! You're my mom and I'm so glad you're in my life and Georgia's!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Moms are the best I agree!